Wednesday, March 22, 2017

My Life Story

My name is Hazel Grace Lancaster, but I like going by Just Hazel. Let me tell you a little bit about my self. I am 16 years old. I was diagnosed with Thyroid cancer originally but now I have Thyroid with mets in my lungs. I have a oxygen tank that I carry around with me everywhere to help me breathe. When I go into public though, people can't unsee it. It's like they are just throwing me a pity party all the time and can't look at me like a normal 16 year old girl. I don't have a lot of friends though. I was pulled out of school three years ago. I already have my GED so I can't go back. So now, I'm taking college classes at MCC, our community college. That's why I don't have a lot of friends, because when I got pulled from school, I didn't see my friends and I lost touch. I was just known as the girl who had cancer. I still keep in touch with one of my friends Kaitlyn, but, it's hard to actually have a conversation. She is in such a different state then me, she feels like she has to choose her words around me because she doesn't want to hurt me. We just don't have the same connection as we used to. So all I did was watch ANTM (America's Next Top Model) and read. My all time favorite book is An Imperial Affliction by Peter Van Houten. I feel like he wrote the book just for me, I have such a connection with it that I've probably read it 50 times. I don't really like sharing it though, because it just belongs to me. After I watched TV, read, and the bed became apart of me, my mom decided I was depressed. She was worried that I wasn't getting out of the house much and that I need to make friends. So, she took me to the doctor and he gave me medical pills to help with the depression and offered that my mom should enroll me in a support group. I was totally against it, but my mom thought otherwise. My mom thought I should make friends and socialize with people my age. So after a fight, I went to support group. The first day was awkward and I didn't like it at all, but the second day, I met Augustus Waters. He is the most amazing guy you will ever meet (In my opinion). He fills me with so much happiness and joy that I never knew I could feel. He would do anything for me, and I would do anything for him. He's even taking me to Amsterdam to meet my all time favorite author Peter Van Houten! He is using his one Wish to take me. Since I was a stupid little girl and used mine to go to Disney Land. That is basically all you need to know about me. Just don't view me as some kid with cancer. Treat me like a regular teenager. Don't give me cancer perks, I don't want that. Just give me normality.

No comments:

Post a Comment