Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Meeting Peter Van Houghten

So, I guess you can say meeting Peter Van Houten was an experience. An experience that I never want to relive again. It was only his assistant who really wanted him to meet us in the first place, not him. He was very rude, wasn't even going to let us in in the first place! He started drinking at like 9:00 in the morning. It was nothing like I pictured. I wanted answers to my all time favorite book. The book that was meant for me in my mind. I thought it was going to be an experience to remember. I thought he was smart, a good guy, and caring to others, but I was wrong. He promised me answers, but he wouldn't give them to me.  So, I got mad,and yelled at him. All he said was, " There is no life for the characters outside of my book. It is fictional. " That got me mad in the first place, but then he started saying things about us cancer kids.We cancer kids apparently just  look for pity and are going to die anyway. His assistant couldn't deal with it anymore. She tried to stop him but it didn't work. She quit. Peter was to drunk to notice. I was in the middle of my rampage when Gus pulled me away. I can't believe that actually happened. My biggest dream was a total bust.I guess you can say it was an experience to remember.  

No comments:

Post a Comment